TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan in his Twitter announcement on Monday asserts that the COVID-19 rapid test the city plans to hold again will not be a massive public test.
”The rapid testing will not be used for random tests. It will also not be used to conduct mass tests in an open space,” Anies Baswedan tweeted on Monday.
Anies Baswedan elaborates that the city administration’s health agency has prepared a specific COVID-19 rapid test procedure which includes a list of prioritized people that fulfills certain criteria.
”In this phase, we need to test those with the most risk for transmitting the virus. We must all adhere to these criteria and procedure for the collective good of Jakartans,” said the governor.
The Jakarta administration had received 100 COVID-19 rapid testing kits from the Tzu Chi Indonesia Foundation, additional to the 520 rapid testing kits from the Health Ministry.
The city has initiated the coronavirus rapid tests since Friday last week in the hardest-hit region of South Jakarta. The test, according to Jakarta’s health agency head Widyastuti, said the tests were done after the government traced the activities of COVID-19 positive cases.