Jakpro Reportedly Considering to Postpone City's Formula E Race

Translator:

Editor:

Petir Garda Bhwana

  • Font:
  • Ukuran Font: - +
  • TEMPO.CO, JakartaCity-owned developer Jakarta Propertindo (Jakpro) is reportedly still considering to postpone the Formula E race in Monas amidst the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak. The Jakarta E - Prix is initially slated for June 6, 2020. 

    Formula E deputy director of communication Hilbram Dunar said that they are in constant coordination with stakeholders in discussing the Formula E event.

    “For sure our main concern is the public’s well-being,” said Hibram in a text message on Tuesday, March 10. 

    According to him, event organizers are currently monitoring the development of the government’s mitigation toward the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus. 

    Head of the Jakarta Legislative Council (DPRD) Prasetio Edi Marsudi had already asked the Jakarta administration to postpone the Formula E race in Jakarta for the sake of people’s health from the virus that originated from the Chinese province of Wuhan. 

    “Just to be safe, [the Formula E] race should be postponed,” said Prasetio while highlighting the number of people brought by the participating Formula E teams. “We don’t know whether they have been contracted or not.”

    IMAM HAMDI