TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - A fire broke out on the ground floor of the Thamrin City mall, Central Jakarta, this morning, at around 09:00. The fire originated from a clothes stall inside the mall.
"The fire was suspected from a short circuit in the clothes stall," said Metro Jaya Police Public Relations Chief, Senior Commissioner Yusri Yunus in a written statement, Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Yusri said that the fire did not spread to other stalls because the mall employeesimmediately put out the fire with fire extinguishers.
"The fire was extinguished by security officers and there were no casualties," Yusri said.
In a circulated video, a large fire is seen coming from a stall, this caused other traders to panic and hurriedly moved their wares.
The fire looks a little hard to be extinguished because the burning material is clothing. Luckily the fire did not spread and it could be extinguished completely .
M Julnis Firmansyah | Galuh Kurnia Ramadhani (Intern Translator)