TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The 212 alumni brotherhood or PA 212 and the Islamic Defenders Front (FPI) planned to stage a rally demanding the completion of pending corruption cases today, February 21, before the Merdeka Palace in Central Jakarta. Some 10,000 protesters were expected to join the demonstration.
To anticipate the traffic congestion around the areas, Traffic Directorate of Jakarta Metro Police is set to launch a traffic engineering. “This will be situational,” said Police Chief of the Law Enforcement and Development Sr. Comr. Fahri Siregar on Friday, February 21.
The reroute plan is as follows:
- Traffic flow on Jalan Veteran Raya bounds for Jalan Veteran III is directed straight to Harmoni traffic light.
- Traffic flow on Jalan Merdeka Timur bounds for Jalan Merdeka Utara is asked to take a right turn to Jalan Perwira.
- Vehicles from Jalan Ridwan Rais heading to Jalan Merdeka Selatan may go straight to Jalan Merdeka Timur.
- Vehicles from Jalan MH Thamrin heading to Patung Kuda or Horse Statue Roundabout are ordered to go left or right to Jalan Kebon Sirih.
- Vehicles from Jalan Abdul Muis willing to go left to Jalan Budi Kemuliaan are directed to go straight to Jalan Fachrudin, while those from Jalan Fachrudin heading to Jalan Budi Kemuliaan may go straight to Jalan Abdul Muis.
- Traffic flow from Jalan Tanah Abang II going straight to Jalan Museum is directed to take a left or right turn, traffic flow from Jalan Mahapahit willing to go left to Jalan Museum is ordered to go straight to Jalan Abdul Muis, while those from Jalan Abdul Muis bound for Jalan Museum is asked to go straight to Jalan Majapahit.
- Vehicles from Jalan Hayam Wuruk willing to Jalan Majapahit are directed to Jalan Juanda and the traffic from Jalan Veteran Raya reaching Jalan Majapahit is ordered to go straight to Jalan Suryo Pranoto or take a right turn to Jalan Gajah Mada.
M JULNIS FIRMANSYAH