TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo ensured that all of the 285 people who were quarantined in Natuna after being evacuated from coronavirus-hit Hubei province, China, are all in healthy condition and ready to return to their families.
The evacuees have been put under observation for 14 days in Natuna, Riau Island, which complied with the health protocol issued by the World Health Organization (WHO), the President said.
“We have strictly abode by the the WHO protocol. The quarantine is also monitored tightly and checked every day,” he said as quoted from a statement released by Presidential Press Secretariat Bureau on Friday, February 14.
The state head also dismissed public concerns over the evacuees’ condition after they were back to their family and the community. “So when they are allowed to return to the public, rest assured that they have passed the procedure,” Jokowi underlined.
A total of 285 quarantined evacuees reportedly will leave for their respective regions on Saturday, February 15, as the observation period of the coronavirus infection comes to an end. The evacuees comprise 237 people who previously resided in Hubei, one foreigner [the spouse of an Indonesian national], five officials of the Indonesian Embassy in Beijing, and 42 members of the evacuation team including flight crew and medical workers.