TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The Jakarta Government has stated that it will temporarily suspend the National Monument or Monas revitalization project, after holding a coordination meeting with the Jakarta Legislative Council (DPRD). Since last week, the DPRD has in fact asked for the suspension of the project, due to the lack of permit from the Ministry of State Secretary.
“After a coordination meeting with the DPRD, (the project) has been temporarily halted,” said the Regional Secretary of Jakarta, Saefullah, when met at Monas, Central Jakarta, on Tuesday, January 27, 2020, added that the suspension would be effective by Wednesday, January 29.
Aside from considerations by the DPRD, the suspension of the project equally takes into account the decision of State Secretary Minister Pratikno to stop the revitalization of the National Monument.
Jakarta DPRD Chief Prasetio Edi Marsudi said that his institution is in agreement on giving suggestions for the Jakarta Provincial Government, to temporarily stop the Monas revitalization project.
“We recommended for the executive to halt [the revitalization project], until obtaining approval from the Steering Committee,” he said.
Previously, Minister of State Secretariat, Pratikno had plans to immediately write to the Jakarta Provincial Government to temporarily stop the Monas revitalization project, since the project is yet to acquire a permit from the ministry.
TAUFIQ SIDDIQ | DIO SUHENDA (Intern Translator)