TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Jakarta Provincial Government has stated that they have not received any class action lawsuit related to the floods earlier this year. Heaad of Legal Bureau of the Jakarta Regional Secretariat Yayan Yuhanah, stated that the Central Jakarta District Court may still be processing the lawsuit by the Jakarta Flood Victims Advocacy Team.
"Not yet. I think it will be next week that we receive the lawsuit," said Yayan when met in the Jakarta City Hall, on Friday, January 10, 2020.
Yayan has clarified that due to the lawsuit mechanism in court, a lawsuit that is submitted to the court does not go directly to the defendant.
"There will be a meeting first, the court will appoint an assembly and a clerk, only then will it [the lawsuit] be processed, then sent to the defendant," Yayan said.
According to Yayan, the Jakarta Provincial Government has prepared 21 teams to face any class action lawsuits charged by the people.
All members of the government legal team are set to be deployed to face lawsuits in five district courts and one state administration court. "Whichever one is more urgent, then we will distribute," Yayan said.
Representative of the Jakarta Flood Victims Advocacy Team, Diarson Lubis has filed a class action lawsuit related to the floods, addressed to the Central Jakarta District Court, Monday, January 13, 2020. The advocacy team represents 243 Jakarta residents who were victims of the floods in early January 2020.