TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Over 10,000 joint personnel of police and Indonesian Military (TNI) were deployed to guard the 2020 new year's eve celebration today.
“The total personnel amount to some 10,000 joined in Operasi Lilin Jaya 2019, including police officers, TNI personnel, regional, provincial, or regency administrations, as well as other communities,” said Jakarta Metro Police Chief May. Gen. Gatot Eddy Pramono at Police HQ, South Jakarta, Tuesday, December 31.
The security measure will be applied in areas that will likely be flocked by people, such as prayer houses, Ancol, HI Roundabout, Monas, Taman Mini Indonesia Indah (TMII), car-free night areas in Sudirman-Thamrin.
In order to support security, the police will divert several traffic routes starting from 5 p.m. The following are routes affected by the new year's eve celebration:
- Traffic on Jalan Hayam Wuruk is diverted to Jalan Juanda, and vehicles from Jalan Veteran are ordered to head to Jalan Suryo Pranoto/Jalan Gajah Mada
- Vehicles from Tugu Tani heading to Merdeka Utara are ordered to pass Jalan Perwira
- Traffic from Tugu Tani en routing to Merdeka Selatan is closed so vehicles are ordered to take Jalan Perwira
- Traffic from Jalan Museum towards Merdeka Barat is closed, and the route is diverted to Jalan Abdul Muis
- The road from Budi Kemuliaan towards Jalan MH Thamrin, Jl Merdeka Selatan, Jl Merdeka Barat is totally closed and vehicles are ordered to pass Jalan Abdul Muis
- Jalan Galunggung heading to Sudirman is closed, diverted to Tanah Abang area, and vice versa, traffic from Tanah Abang to go straight to Manggarai or Pasar Rumput
- The route from Kasablanka to Jalan Jenderal Sudirman, and vice versa, are closed
- Semanggi area is blocked, so traffic from the east is directed to Slipi or those from the west is ordered to pass Pancoran
- Vehicles from Hotel Mulia area towards Jalan Pintu Satu Senayan are ordered to head to Hang Lekir
- Vehicles from Jalan Asia Afrika en routing to Senayan are asked to go straight to Jalan Hang Lekir
- Traffic from Jalan Sisingamangaraja heading to Jalan Jenderal Sudirman is directed to Jalan Hang Lekir
- Traffic from Jalan Pattimura towards Jalan Jenderal Sudirman is asked to pass Jalan Hang Lekir or directed to the left side of Jalan Sisingamangaraja
- Vehicles from Jalan Senopati heading to Jalan Jenderal Sudirman are directed to Jalan Pattimura
M JULNIS FIRMANSYAH