TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Indonesian Formula 2 racer, Sean Gelael, said the possibility to partake in Jakarta’s Formula E Grand Prix slated for June 2020 is still open. He mentioned this in a meeting between Mercedes’ Formula E racer Stoffel Vandoorne and Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan today.
“Inshallah, I will be racing here as Indonesia’s representative in Formula E. The possibility is open,” said Sean to journalists in Jakarta’s City Hall on Tuesday, November 12.
However, Sean was clear to not cling on this expectation considering the absence of any team to compete currently. So far, his partnership with Formula E teams is mainly to conduct simulator tests but also hinted possible wildcard opportunities.
“Some teams may have wildcard slots. The possibility is there, but I don’t want to expect too much,” Sean Gelael asserted.