TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Director-General of Village Empowerment at the Home Affairs Ministry, Nata Irawan, said that his side deployed a special team to investigate the alleged phantom or uninhabited village to Konawe Regency, Southeast Sulawesi.
The team was tasked to track down the issue of fictitious village receiving village funds that was recently seized the public spotlight.
“The team departs today afternoon (Sunday, November 10) to meet Governor, Regent, Regional Police, and Sectoral Police. After obtaining the data, we will discuss it immediately in Jakarta, Tuesday (November 12),” said Nata in Jakarta, Sunday, November 10.
Nata reiterated that the ministry mobilized ten teams comprised of 13 members from all directorates of the Home Affairs Ministry. The investigation was aimed at collecting and synchronizing data to have the same perception regarding the village.
Should the data is completed, he added, Minister Tito Karnavian would possibly deliver official statements on Wednesday, November 13.
Previously, Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati revealed reports on the existence of phantom villages. The emergence of such a village was suspected as a modus operandi to obtain shares in the government’s village fund program. Minister Sri suspected there were 34 problematic villages, which three of them were fictitious ones.