Mindanao Earthquake; Embassy Confirms No Indonesian Victim

Translator:

Editor:

Petir Garda Bhwana

  • Font:
  • Ukuran Font: - +
  • TEMPO.CO, JakartaThe Indonesian embassy in Manila confirmed that there was so far no Indonesian citizen falling victim to the powerful earthquake that struck Mindanao, the Philippines, Tuesday, Oct. 29.

    An earthquake with a magnitude of 6.8 jolted Mindanao on early Tuesday at 04:44 a.m. local times.

    “Alhamdulillah, we have not found a victim, no Indonesian citizen is affected,” the embassy said on a written statement as reported by Antara, Tuesday.

    The Meteorology, Climatology, and Geophysics Agency (BMKG) head of the quake and tsunami mitigation, Daryono, said that the shaking was felt up to Indonesian regions, including Tahuna, Sangihe, Melonguane, and Talaud, North Sulawesi with an intensity level II-III of MMI scale.

    As reported by Inquirer.net, Tuesday’s incident was the second powerful earthquake of a 6.6 magnitude that rattled the region two weeks earlier, claiming seven lives.

    EKA YUDHA SAPUTRA | ANTARA