Saturday, 14 December 2019

Jakarta Cancels Rp5bn Budget for Social Media Influencers

Translator:

Editor:

Petir Garda Bhwana

  • Font:
  • Ukuran Font: - +
  • TEMPO.CO, JakartaJakarta Tourism Agency announced its budget of Rp5 billion to hire foreign social media influencers had been dismissed.

    The agency initially planned to use the service of the influencers to promote the tourism in the capital. “There is no longer budget for that, it’s been removed,” said the agency secretary Asiantoro in a phone call with Tempo, Sunday, Oct. 27.

    Asiantoro reiterated that the budget worth Rp5 billion was removed during a discussion at Tourism Ministry. At that time, one of the agency’s units proposed the tourism promotion program. 

    “It has been removed now because of budget efficiency,” he remarked.

    Asiantoro said his side planned to invite a number of foreign social media influencers to the capital for a city tour, and then they would be asked to promote tourism on their respective social media networking.

    According to Asiantoro, the plan was considered effective. “The point is about how to bring foreigners and tourists to visit Jakarta. If an influencer has millions of followers, [the promotion] would create an extraordinary impact,” he said.

    TAUFIQ SIDDIQ