TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Jakarta Metro Police have implemented traffic engineering around areas of the House of Representatives (DPR) building starting today, Oct. 18 until Sunday, Oct. 20.
The traffic plan set by the city’s Police Traffic Directorate aims at securing the presidential inauguration of Jokowi - Ma’ruf Amin on Sunday.
“Traffic flow around Jalan Gatot Subroto is diverted until October 20,” the traffic police chief of law enforcement Sr. Comr. M Nasir told Tempo via a phone call on Friday, Oct. 18.
The following are the traffic diversions:
- Jalan Gatot Subroto towards Slipi is closed. Vehicles under the flyover of Ladokgi will be directed to Jalan Gerbang Pemuda.
- Jalan Gerbang Pemuda to Jalan Gatot Subroto is closed. Traffic will be ordered to take U-turn under Ladokgi flyover to head to Bendungan Hilir.
- Jalan Gerbang Pemuda heading to Asia Afrika is diverted to Jalan Asia Afrika, Senayan, and Jalan Pakubuwono.
- Jalan Asia Afrika heading to Jalan Tentara Pelajar remains open, yet vehicles heading to Jalan Gerbang Pemuda should take U-turn under Ladokgi flyover.
- Jalan Tentara Pelajar from Manggala Wanabakti at Palmerah traffic light will be directed to Permata Hijau and Kebayoran Lama.
- Jalan Tentara Pelajar near Manggala Wanabakti is closed, as well as Jalan Gatot Subroto, in anticipation of contraflow and vehicles making U-Turn.
Jakarta Police deployed 195 traffic personnel in the area in a bid to maintain smooth traffic due to the diversions around the DPR building ahead of the presidential inauguration.
M JULNIS FIRMANSYAH