TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) is set to announce new suspects in the e-KTP graft case immediately. Nevertheless, the agency chairman Agus Rahardjo has yet to confirm when the announcement will be made.
"We have named new suspects and will announce it later. I have signed the sprindik (the letter of investigation order)," Agus said at the KPK Building, Thursday, August 8.
According to Agus, the new suspects are from the private sector and civil servants. However, he is determined to keep the number and identity of the suspects a secret. "Just wait."
Previously, KPK deputy chairman Alexander Marwata said the anti-graft body had named four new suspects on charges of corruption in the e-ID project. "If I'm not mistaken, there are four [new suspects]," said Alex in his office, Jakarta, Wednesday, July 31.
Alex said the four came from bureaucrats and the private sector, yet he was also reluctant to reveal the names.
Thus far, the anti-graft body has named eight suspects in the e-KTP corruption case, namely two officials of the Home Affairs Ministry; Irman and Sugiharto, and three businessmen; Andi Narogong, Anang Sugiana Sudihardjo, and Made Oka Masagung.
The other two have been convicted guilty, namely former DPR speaker Setya Novanto and his nephew Irvanto Hendra Pambudi Cahyo. And recently, the KPK named Markus Nari, a former House member from Golkar faction, as a suspect as well.