KPK to Announce New E-KTP Graft Suspects Next Week
3 August 2019 13:17 WIB
TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) will announce the names of new suspects in the e-KTP corruption case next week. However, the KPK is still keeping their identities a secret.
"[We might announce it] in Monday or Tuesday," KPK deputy chairman Laode M. Syarif said in Jakarta, Friday, August 2.
On Wednesday, July 31, KPK deputy chairman Alexander Marwata said the anti-corruption agency had named four new suspects in the e-KTP project corruption case.
Alex said that the four suspects include bureaucrats and civilians. He declined to reveal their names.
Meanwhile, KPK chief Agus Rahardjo said they have also established two new suspects for the case, and that the agency will announce their names soon. "One of them is a business actor and the other is a bureaucrat I think," he said in Jakarta on July 1.
So far, the KPK has named eight people suspects in the e-KTP corruption scandal. Two of them are officials of the Home Affairs Ministry Irman and Sugiharto; three are businessmen Andi Narogong, Anang Sugiana Sudihardjo and Made Oka Masagung.
Two people have been convicted guilty, former DPR speaker Setya Novanto and his nephew Irvanto Hendra Pambudi Cahyo.
Recently, the KPK named former House member from the Golkar faction, Markus Nari, as a suspect as well.
M Rosseno Aji