TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Jakarta Metro Police planned to close a number of streets around Constitutional Court (MK) prior to the court’s ruling on presidential election dispute case on Thursday, June 27.
“But it will be situational and yet to be implemented as planned,” said Police Traffic Directorate Chief of the Law Education and Enforcement Comr. Muhammad Nasir in a short message, Wednesday, June 26.
Nasir explained the security measure will be focused on vital objects near MK building and its vicinity. Several roads had been blocked with Movable Concrete Barrier (MCB) dan security barrier, including Jalan Merdeka Barat of northern direction.
Vehicles heading to the north from Arjuna Wiwaha Horse Statue or Patung Kuda can take Jalan Budi Kemuliaan and make a turn to Jalan Abdul Muis, or take Jalan Medan Merdeka Selatan heading to Gambir, Central Jakarta. “The traffic engineering in other streets is conditional,” he added.
Here is the traffic engineering that has been prepared by the police:
- Traffic from Jalan M.H. Thamrin heading to Jalan Medan Merdeka Barat will be diverted to Jalan Kebon Sirih.
- Traffic from Jalan Fachrudin towards Jalan Budi Kemuliaan will be asked to go straight to Jalan Abdul Muis. While from Jalan Abdul Muis heading to Jalan Budi Kemuliaan will be straightened to Jalan Fachrudin.
- Vehicles from Abdul Muis Street towards Jalan Museum is suggested to pass Jalan Majapahit or Fachrudin.
- Vehicles from Jalan Hayam Wuruk to Jalan Majapahit will be diverted to Jalan Ir H. Juanda.
- Vehicles from Jalan Veteran Raya towards Jalan Majapahit should take Jalan Suryo Pranoto and take right to Jalan Hayam Wuruk.
- Traffic from Jalan Veteran Raya towards Jalan Veteran III will be straightened to Harmony.
- Traffic from Jalan Medan Merdeka Timur heading to Jalan Medan Merdeka Utara will be diverted to the right to Jalan Perwira.
- Vehicles from Jalan M. Ridwan Rais to Jalan Merdeka Selatan will be asked to go straight to Jalan Medan Merdeka Timur.