TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Jakarta Metro Police will again alter traffic around the Constitutional Court (MK) building on Jalan Medan Merdeka Barat, Central Jakarta starting late Monday, June 17, 2019, following the second hearing of presidential election dispute scheduled to be held on Tuesday, June 18, 2019.
The city's Traffic Police Directorate Chief Comr. M. Nasir said that the road closure and diversion will commence tonight at 10:00 PM Jakarta time. "The implementation depends on the situation, based on the order," said Nasir in a written statement on Monday, June 17, 2019.
The following is the planned road closure and traffic diversion:
- East and West side of Jalan Medan Merdeka Barat. Movable Concrete Barrier (MCB) will be placed in front of the Gajah Museum.
- Jalan Medan Merdeka Utara. MCB will be placed in front of the Home Affairs Ministry building on its two lanes.
- Jalan Veteran Raya, precisely adjacent to Sriwijaya Hotel heading to Jalan Harmoni.
- Jalan Majapahit, at the end of Harmoni traffic light.
- Jalan Abdul Muis heading north, precisely at the traffic light of Jalan Tanah Abang 2.
- Jalan Veteran 3 or in front of Gedung Bina Graha.
The roads mentioned are similar to those that closed during the first hearing of the presidential election dispute last Friday. The mass rally is also allowed to be held in the Monas intersection, or in front of Arjuna Wiwaha roundabout.
The hearing agenda will be to examine the witnesses and gather expert opinions of the applicant, followed by the defendant who is Election Commission (KPU), collect statements from a related party and Election Supervisory Board (Bawaslu), as well as examine the provided evidence.