TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - State-run toll operator Jasa Marga implemented strategies to anticipate the traffic flow of the return trip. This was decided in the meeting on the evaluation of the 2019 Eid homecoming or mudik traffic flow and the preparation of the return flow.
“After going through the period of mudik trip during the past five days since May 30 until June 3, [we’ve received] suggestions and recommendations to better prepare the service for people returning from their hometown as we did during the homecoming flow,” said the National Police's Traffic Corps chief Insp. Gen. Refdi Andri in an official statement a few days ago.
The strategies in question are as follow:
- Traffic signs at the entrance access of rest areas should have been installed before the implementation of the one-way traffic system on June 7.
- Additional mobile toilet including the canopy should be available before June 7.
- Toll road operators (BUJT) should deploy more patrol car, place tow trucks and open authorized workshop in the type-A rest area before June 7 in order to anticipate car breaking down on the highway.
- Information on emergency call center should be made visible under traffic signs and strategic places.
- As many as 38 units of the mobile reader from initially 28 units are available at Palimanan tollgate as well as additional 12 units of EDC machine.
- One-way traffic system will be in effect starting June 7 until June 10 from KM 414 Kalikakung toll gate to KM 70 Cikampek Utama toll gate and the contraflow will begin from KM 70 until KM 65 or based on the dynamic in the field with police consideration.
“We hope people can better manage their homecoming return trip after this information released,” Refdi concluded.
KHAIRUL IMAM GHOZALI