Firemen: City Park Fire Caused by Cigarette Butt

Translator:

Editor:

Mahinda Arkiyasa

  • Font:
  • Ukuran Font: - +
  • TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The fire that broke out at the integrated child-friendly public space (RPTRA) in Duren Sawit was suspected to be caused by a cigarette that was thrown by a local resident on Thursday morning, April 25, 2019.

    Head of the East Jakarta fire department Gatot Sulaeman said the initial report on the fire came in his office at 11:02 local time.

    "The RPTRA fire was caused by a resident who carelessly threw a cigarette butt," said Gatot in a text message received by Tempo on Thursday, April 25, 2019.

    Fortunately, the fire department reported no casualties in this incident and that the fire was successfully extinguished by local residents before two fire trucks arrived.

    This Bunga Rampai RPTRA was recently inaugurated by East Jakarta Mayor M. Anwar on March 12, 2019, along with other four other public spaces in the area.

    IMAM HAMDI