TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Presidential candidate number 01 Joko “Jokowi” Widodo vowed he would manage the Rokan oil block operation as well as possible for the sake of the country and nation’s prosperity, especially for Riau and Dumai people.
“I have said many times that in 2018, Rokan Block management has been handed over to Pertamina,” said Jokowi during his campaign speech on Tuesday, March 26, in the Bukit Gelanggang field, Dumai, Riau province.
According to the incumbent candidate, the government would continue the operation of Rokan block and would fully make use of it for its people and state.
Rokan oil block has an area of 6,264 square kilometers with two largest oil fields, namely Minas and Duri.
PT Chevron Pacific Indonesia previously managed the Rokan Block since 1924. In 2018, the Indonesian government decided not to extend its contract that would end in 2021.
On July 31, 2018, The Energy and Mineral Resources (ESDM) ministry set to hand over the Rokan oil block operations rights to its state-run energy company Pertamina by the year 2021.