TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Youth and Sports Minister (Menpora) Imam Nahrawi has denied an accusation that he received a bribe of Rp1.5 billion in the alleged graft case involving the 2018 grants project in the National Sports Committee (KONI).
"I assure this, I am not involved [in the case]," said Imam Nahrawi on Friday, March 22, in his office, South Jakarta.
KPK prosecutors previously disclosed a list on the distribution of grants totaling Rp3.4 billion made by KONI secretary-general Ending Fuad Hamidy, on which the minister was included.
Imam Nahrawi said he would meet the summons by the anti-graft body if necessary. "I am ready [to meet the summons]. But do not make any opinion against legal facts," he underlined.
The graft case has been in the public spotlight following the arrests of officials of the ministry and KONI by the KPK during a sting operation (OTT) on Tuesday, December 18, 2018.
The KPK named five people as suspects; Hamidy and KONI general treasurer Jhonny E. Awuy as the suspected bribers, the ministry's deputy IV Mulyana, the ministry's commiment-making official Adhi Purnomo, and the ministry's staffer Eko Triyanto as the bribe recipients.