TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Train operator PT Kereta Commuter Indonesia or KCI said that the evacuation process of the derailed three cars of commuter line or KRL had been completed on early Monday 01:50 a.m. The derailed train had been placed on the track.
PT KCI spokesperson, Eva Chairunnisa, said that the operation of commuter lines heading to Jakarta from Bogor had started normally since 05:00 a.m. “But the trains must take a turn to pass one available track,” said Eva in a statement today, March 11.
As reported earlier, KRL experienced an accident in Kebon Pedes area, Bogor City, West Java on Sunday, March 10 after allegedly hit by a huge electric pole, causing it to derail.
Eva explained that the derailed train had been placed to KRL Depo Bogor for further examination and repairment. After the evacuation, her side would conduct several repairment of its infrastructures, such as the elevated electrical cables (LAA) network, railways, and the installment of LAA poles.
Due to the derailment, Eva added, only one railway was opened for trips from Bogor Station. Other departures from the station would be diverted from Cilebut, Bojong Gede, Citayam, and Depok Station. “Because the repairment of the railway between Cilebut - Bogor Station, where the train derailed, is still on progress.”
Eva estimated the incident would cause passenger density and long queue in Bogor routes. Therefore, she appealed to all Commuter Line or KRL users to adjust time and station departure. “KRL users are appealed to not forcefully board a full train and always pay attention to information issued by officers."