TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The Jakarta provincial administration tried a one-way traffic system in Dukuh Bawah, precisely at the roundabout lane of Landmark Tower Setiabudi.
The acting head of Jakarta Transportation Agency, Sigit Wijatmoko, said that traffic engineering was required to ease the public access to integrated public transportation. “We apply the one-way traffic policy to provide broader access for users of public transportation,” said Sigit in the City Hall, Central Jakarta, Tuesday, February 12.
According to Sigit, a variety of public transportation will be provided in the area, including the commuter line of Jakarta Greater Area, Mass Rapid Transit or MRT Jakarta, and corridor or non-corridor service of Transjakarta bus.
When MRT Jakarta operates in March 2019, Sigit explained, traffic engineering is required in a bid to optimize passengers transfer between modes of transportation. “Dukuh Atas will be a large transport hub,” Sigit noted.
The traffic engineering starts from Hotel Indonesia Roundabout towards Manggarai. Vehicles that are previously allowed to turn left to the derivative lane after the eastern Dukuh Atas Bus Stop is diverted to the downhill lane next to the Tiga Roda building because the government planned to build a park in the area.
The following is routes of one-way traffic policy in Landmark Setiabudi:
- One-way traffic is applied in the southern side of the landmark, from the east to the west direction
- One-way traffic is applied in the western side of the landmark, from the south to the north direction
- One-way traffic is applied in the northern side of the landmark (Jalan Galunggung), from the junction of Jalan Galunggung (western side of the landmark) until the eastern side of the landmark or Waduk Setia Budi Barat.
- One-way traffic is applied in the eastern side of the landmark (Jalan Setia Budi Tengah), from the north to the south direction
- Vehicles are prohibited to turn right from the western to the southern side of the junction of Jalan Galunggung (western side of the landmark)
- Vehicles are prohibited to turn right from the eastern to northern of the junction of Jalan Setia Budi Tengah.
The trial of the one-way traffic policy commences on Tuesday, February 12. The city Transportation Agency coordinates with Jakarta Traffic Police in managing the traffic flow.
LANI DIANA WIJAYA