TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The government through the Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry (ESDM Ministry) dropped the price of Premium fuel by Rp100 from previously Rp6,550 per liter.
“Premium fuel is set at Rp6,450 per liter,” said the Ministry’s Director General of Oil and Gas, Djoko Siswanto, when met at his office, Central Jakarta, Sunday, February 10.
The lower price of Premium is effective in the areas of Java, Madura, and Bali. The regulation meant that fuel prices were evenly set in all Indonesian regions.
Djoko explained that the decrease takes effect starting on February 10, 2019. This was issued based on the formula of fuel price as regulated in the ESDM Ministerial Decree no. 19 K/10/MEM/2019 dated first February 2019.
In general, Djoko added, the formula will be a reference for businesses in determining fuel retail price since the government rules the upper and lower limit prices of the fuel. “This formula will be a reference to prevent business entities from determining a low price or gaining high benefit.”
Other than Premium fuel, state-owned oil and gas company Pertamina reduces other fuel brands which are valid in all Indonesian regions.
- Pertalite (Ron 90) price at Rp7,650 to Rp8,000 per liter
- Pertamax (Ron 92) price at Rp9,858 to Rp10,150 per liter
- Pertamax Turbo (Ron 98) price at Rp11,200 to Rp11,600 per liter
- Pertamina Dex (CN 51) price at Rp11,700 to Rp12,200 per liter
- Solar Non PSO (CN 48) price at Rp9,600 to Rp10,000 per liter
- Dexlite (CN 48) price at Rp10,200 to Rp10,600 per liter