TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - French-media L'Equipe released a list of football players with the highest salary. The list includes Barcelona's Lionel Messi at the top with a salary almost double the amount received by Cristiano Ronaldo.
The release does not include the income the players received from personal sponsorships. The list stated that Messi made GBP 7.3 per month (equals to IDR 131.8 billion). Meanwhile, Ronaldo which currently playing for Juventus, follows in second place with GBP 4.1 million per month (equals to IDR 74 billion).
Atletico Madrid striker Antoine Griezmann sits on number three on the list with GBP 2.9 million (equals to IDR 52.3 billion). Other players on the list include Neymar, Luis Suarez, Gareth Bale, Philippe Coutinho, Alexis Sanches, Kylian Mbappe, and Mesut Oezil.
Detail of the list is as follows:
- Lionel Messi (Barcelona/Argentina): GBP 7.3 million (IDR 131,8 billion)
- Cristiano Ronaldo(Juventus/Portugal): GBP 4.7 million (IDR 74 billion)
- Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid/France): GBP 2.9 million (IDR 52.3 billion
- Neymar (PSG/Brazil): GBP 2.7 million (IDR 48.7 billion)
- Luis Suarez (Barcelona/Uruguay): GBP 2.5 million (IDR 45.1 billion)
- Gareth Bale (Real Madrid/Wales): GBP 2.2 million (IDR 39.7 billion)Philippe
- Coutinho (Barcelona/Brazil): GBP 2 million (IDR 36.1 billion)
- Alexis Sanchez (Manchester United/Chile): GBP 2 million (IDR 36.1 billion)
- Kylian Mbappe (PSG/France): GBP 1.5 million (IDR 27 billion)
- Mesut Oezil (Arsenal/Germany): GBP 1.4 million (IDR 25.2 billion).