TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The General Elections Commission (KPU) Commissioner Wahyu Setiawan announced the 8 chosen panelists for the second presidential debate that will be responsible upon creating the list of questions for Presidential candidates Joko” Jokowi” Widodo and Prabowo Subianto.
“The panelists will come from academics and NGO activists,” said Wahyu today, January 31.
The eight chosen panelists will comprise 6 academicians and 2 non-government organization activists. Two of the academicians is the rector of Sepuluh Nopember Institute of Technology (ITS) Surabaya and the rector of the Bogor Institute of Agriculture (IPB).
Four other academicians come from the University of Airlangga (Unair), Gajah Mada University (UGM), the Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB), and Dipenogoro University (Undip). Meanwhile, the NGOs comprise of Indonesian Forum for the Environment (WALHI) and the Agrarian Reform Consortium (KPA).
The following are panelists in the second presidential debate:
- ITS Rector, Mochamad Ashari
- IPB Rector, Arif Satria
- ITB mining expert, Irwandy Arifahli
- UGM expert on energy, Ahmad Agustiawan
- Undip environmentalist, Sudharto P Hadi
- Unair environmental law expert, Suprapto Wijoyo
- WALHI Executive Director Nur Hidayati
- KPA Secretary General Dewi Kartika