English Version
ENGLISH
| Tuesday, 20 November 2018 |
Indonesia Version
INDONESIA
Facebook
Twitter


Monday, 19 November 2018 | 21:28
KPK Suspects Pakpak Bharat Regent Accepts Bribe Money The KPK suspects that Remigo used the money to save his wife,
who is in trouble with the law.
Monday, 19 November 2018 | 21:12
Indonesia Modification Expo 2018 Books Rp3bn The Indonesia Modification Expo (IMX) 2018 held on November 17
and 18 in Jakarta ended with success.
Backstreet Boys Nick Carter will not be Charged in Sex Case
The Backstreet Boys, from left: Howie Dorough, Nick Carter (Center) and Brian Littrell are seen performing on Wango Tango stage at StubHub Center, California, May 13th 2017. credit: REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
Wednesday, 12 September, 2018 | 09:20 WIB
Backstreet Boys Nick Carter will not be Charged in Sex Case

TEMPO.CO, Los Angeles - Los Angeles prosecutors said on Tuesday they would not charge Backstreet Boys singer Nick Carter over a 2003 sexual assault accusation because it fell outside the California statute of limitations.

The Los Angeles District Attorney’s office said it had reviewed the accusation by a woman who was 18 years old at the time, but said the statute of limitations had expired in 2013.

“An analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence is not warranted, and the matter is declined,” prosecutors said in a charge evaluation worksheet released to the media.

They gave no details of the case, but Carter last year denied an allegation that he raped a teen pop singer 15 years ago.

Read also: Backstreet Boys Nick Carter Denies 2002 Rape Allegation

An attorney for Nick Carter, whose band is currently playing a long-term engagement in Las Vegas, said in a statement on Tuesday that the singer was “happy to put the matter behind him.”

“Nick has denied these allegations ever since he first learned of them last year,” attorney Michael Holtz said in the statement.

The Backstreet Boys were one of the biggest boy bands of the late 1990s and early 2000s, with hits like “Quit Playing Games With My Heart.”

Accusations of sexual misconduct, inspired by the #MeToo social media movement, have forced multiple celebrities, politicians and businessmen to step down or be fired in the past year.

REUTERS

 



via Facebookvia TEMPO ID

Comments


Disclaimer: The views expressed in the comments sections are personal responses that do not represent the editorial policy of tempo.co. Our editorial staff reserves the right to moderate or take down comments that contain harassment, intimidation and discrimination against ethnicity, religion, race, and inter-group relations.