English Version
ENGLISH
| Friday, 27 March 2015 |
Indonesia Version
INDONESIA
Facebook
Twitter
Friday, 27 March 2015 | 09:48
Abu Jibril's Son Dies in Syria   Abu Jibril was involved in the 2009 suicide bombing at JW
Marriot Hotel and Ritz Carlton in Jakarta.
Friday, 27 March 2015 | 09:22
Japan Makes a Start on Sharing Lessons from Nuclear Crisis Japan aid agency said it should be up to countries to decide whether they want
nuclear power, but `we are against the creation of the safety myth`.
Justice Ministry: ISIS video must be blocked
A video that invites Indonesians to join ISIS. Youtube.com
Monday, 04 August, 2014 | 19:02 WIB
Justice Ministry: ISIS video must be blocked

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Justice and Human Rights Minister Amir Syamduddin regretted the Communication and Informatics Ministry's (Kemkominfo) policy to delay blocking a video that calls the people to join the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) broadcasted in YouTube. Amir said that Kemkominfo must take immediate actions by closing down the video that considered to threaten the country's national security.

"If they can block pornography, then they surely can block things that threaten public order," said Amir on Monday, August 4, 2014.

Amir added that there is no regulation that requires reports from the Justice Ministry because the Information and Electronic Transaction Law and ministerial regulation had never regulated such responsibility.

According to Amir, his ministry is responsible for handling other issues such as the punishment and nationality of ISIS supporters while blocking the video is Kemkominfo's authority.

Kemkominfo spokesman Ismail Cawidu previously said that his ministry could not block the video because blocking the video requires reports from other ministries, including the Foreign Affairs Ministry, the Coordinating Ministry for Politics, Law and Security and the Justice and Human Rights Ministry.

AISHA SHAIDRA