Thursday, 16 August, 2012 | 15:37 WIB
Fate of Bunker under Jokowi’s Office
TEMPO Interactive, Surakarta:Excavations in Surakarta City Hall complex which began Thursday, August 9, for a bunker have been suspended since Sunday, August 12, 2012. "The length of 17 meters and 6 meters wide," said Head of the Excavation Team, Yogyakarta Archaeology Center Muhammad Khawari Tuesday, August 14, 2012.
The team has not dug far enough so it does not have any idea yet of the shape of the bunker and the location of the entrance door. The excavations were stopped because the permission to dig from the government Surakarta was from August 9-12, 2012.
According to Muhammad, the team has dug a depth of 3 meters and has reached only a minute part of the bunker. He expects more information can be obtained if the excavation continues and hopes that digging can resume. "Currently, we’re only discovering a minuscule portion of it," he said.
The excavation team is preparing a report of the results of previous excavations, including the digging method and information that has been so far unrevealed. The report will be submitted to the government of Surakarta so they can make a decision about the fate of the bunker.
Digging bunkers can be completed in two to three weeks. "It doesn’t cost much, either. What needs a lot of money is reconstruction, maintenance, and preservation," said Muhammad.
Head of Surakarta Spatial Planning Office Ahyani said the report should reach his desk on Tuesday. According to him, what the Surakarta government will do depends on the report.
Head of Heritage Preservation, Spatial Planning Office of Surakarta Mufti Rahardjo saidsays more complete information on the bunker in Surakarta City Hall will help to uncover the existence of other bunkers in the city. He believes more digging needs to be done. UKKY PRIMARTANTYO