Saturday, 18 May 2013 | 19:50
Tempo receives the 2013 Gwangju Prize for Human Rights Special Awardfor its
tenacity and consistency in covering human rights issues
Saturday, 18 May 2013 | 17:14
French is the 14th country that legalizes same-sex marriage.
Wednesday, 27 June, 2012 | 13:06 WIB
Five Damaging Points for Anas Urbaningrum in Hambalang Project
TEMPO Interactive, Jakarta:The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) is scheduled to examine Anas Urbaningrum on Wednesday June 27. This is a step forward after the case stayed stagnant for months.
The commission has inspected the case carefully. KPK Deputy Chairman Bambang Widjojanto said that the commission had received important information from a member of Democrat Party’s fraction at the House of Representatives, Ignatius Mulyono. “Anas asked Ignatius to get a land certificate for the Hambalang project,” he said on Monday, March 30.
KPK’s other deputy chairman Zulkarnaen said that KPK suspected violations made by the project’s sub contractor PT Dutasari Citralaras. Anas’s wife was reported one of Dutasari’s commissioners. However, Anas stated that his wife has resigned before the Hambalang project began.
The indications below show the involvement of Anas and his wife:
1—Anas was the one planned the Hambalang Project
Chairman of Sport Commission Mahyuddin confirmed that himself, Angelina Sondakh, and Nazaruddin met Youth and Sport Minister Andi Mallarangeng at the office of Youth and Sport Ministry Office. The Hambalang project was mentioned. However Mahyudin forgot the details of the meeting. According to Nazar, the meeting talked about the Hambalang project only. Nazar also said that Anas was the one arranged the meeting.
2—Anas wanted a land certificate for Hambalang project
Ignatius Mulyono admitted that Anas has asked him to speed up the process of getting a land certificate for Hambalang project. At that time, Anas was chairman of Democrat Party Fraction at the House of Representatives. “He wanted me to find out from Chairman of the National Land Agency Joyo Winoto why the certificate was not finished,” said Mulyono at KPK office on February 17, 2012.
Anas disagreed. He said, “It’s not true (that I arranged Hambalang project).” (Thursday April 26, 2012)
3—Anas received fees from Hambalang project
Tempo’s source at KPK confirmed that Anas received some fee that might be related to the Hambalang project. Nazar also said that PT Adhi Karya who won the tender, submitted Rp100 billion on May 2010, in which half of it was used to help Anas win the election. The rest of the money went to the DPR members and officials at Youth and Sport Ministry.
Anas disagreed. He said,”There is no money.”
4—Athiyyah Laila is directly connected to PT Dutasari Citralaras
· Atthiyyah was Dutasari’s commissioner and share holder. Dutasari is sub-contractor of PT Adhi Karya. Athiyyah resigned from Dutasari in 2009. This resignation was not found in the company’s notes.
· Tempo found violations that might be done by Dutasari. One of them showed Dutasari Dutasari transfer the project to another sub-contractor PT Kurnia Mutu.
· Tempo found that when Athiyyah was at Dutasari, she teamed up with Mahfud Suroso. Nazar mentioned Mahfud worked as a courier delivering Rp100 billion from Adhi Karya.
Anas disagreed. He said, “Her position (his wife, Athiyyah) was a commissioner in 2008, but she was questioned about Hambalang project in 2010.” (April 26, 2012)
5—Anas gives bizarre answers
· Anas said that his wife worked for Dutasari because of their parents’ friendship with Mahfud Suroso. Anas and Mahfud have been friends since high school, long before Anas was married.
· Anas does not deny the accusation made by Nazaruddin. For example is about his car. He does not explain clearly where it comes from.
Tempo | EVAN | TRI S | JOBPIE S