Tuesday, 19 June, 2012 | 17:45 WIB
Two Years as Suspect, Former Govt Official Not Detained
TEMPO Interactive, Bojonegoro:Former chief of Bojonegoro's Food Resilience, East Java, Andreas Wahyono, walked scot-free until now. Andreas, who was involved in corrupting the Capital Backup Funds for Rural Economic Enterprise Institute worth Rp1.1 billion had been named a suspect for two years. "As for detention, it's a matter of time," said Bojonegoro District Attorney's Intelligence Chief Nusirwan Sahrul to Tempo, Monday, June 18, 2012.
Nusirwan said the Bojonegoro District Attorney's Office was ready to submit the dossier of Andreas to Surabaya's Corruption Court. In fact, three prosecuting attorneys had been appointed to handle the case during the court hearings.
During the investigation, the prosecutors had questioned 18 witnesses from, among others, the working group from Bojonegoro Food Resilience Office and East Java Food Resilience Board. Andreas was unavailable for comments. Andreas lived with his family on Jalan Panglima Polim at the Bojonegoro Housing Complex. "The last few days I didn't see him," said a neighbor, Wawan, to Tempo.