Saturday, 25 May 2013 | 06:20
This exhibition is aimed at increasing the cultural ties between
Yogyakarta and NTT in order to rid NTT's poor image of being
initiators of violence.
Saturday, 25 May 2013 | 05:26
Tourism villages still lack facilities and infrastructure and
have difficulties asking for aid from the government.
Wednesday, 13 June, 2012 | 14:15 WIB
Garuda Defeats Malaysia Airlines and Air France
TEMPO Interactive, Jakarta:PT Garuda Indonesia Tbk has broken a new record. Surprisingly, Garuda is currently bigger than Malaysia Airlines and Thai Airways. In fact, Garuda is larger than Air France.
Garuda is now worth Rp18 trillion or some Rp1 trillion greater than Malaysia Airlines and Thai Airways. So within the Southeast Asian region, Garuda is only inferior to Singapore Airlines. This was stunning news for State-Owned Enterprises (SOE) Minister Dahlan Iskan.
According to Dahlan, there is no reason for Indonesia to lose ASEAN markets. Among the ten Southeast Asian countries, Indonesia's economic power is already 51 percent in itself. The remaining 49 percent is divided among the nine other states.
With its 235 million population, Garuda should be able to fly higher. For comparison's sake, Malaysia with only a 28 million population is able to have an airline company which is almost as big as Garuda.
BS | ANT