TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - National SAR Agency (Basarnas) Head Muhammad Syaugi said that the continuation of the evacuation process of the Lion Air JT 610 victims would be decided tomorrow afternoon, Wednesday, November 7.
“It will depend on today and tomorrow's findings. Then we'll hold a meeting in the afternoon and decide. So, we'll first see the trend.” Syaugi said at the Tanjung Priok JICT II dock, Jakarta, Tuesday, 6 November.
According to Syaugi, if the finding is increased, the evacuation process, which is now focused in the north of Tanjung Pakis, Karawang, will continue, but it will be stopped if the trend shows otherwise.
“We will continue to do our best to find the victims,” he said.
As for the search of Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR), it has no results until Tuesday due to a constrained ping signal that is difficult to detect.
The joint search team, which was supported by hundreds of divers and the Remote Operating Vehicle (ROV), could not find one part of the black box despite the area had been focused.
“The signal is very weak, but we expect it to be on the Southwest side, around the debris of the Lion Air JT 610 aircraft. Besides, the mud on the seabed is very detrimental, the thickness can reach 1.5 meters,” said Syaugi.