TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan has again proposed the budget allocation for shelter construction in Bukit Duri, South Jakarta during the budget committee (Banggar) meeting on Thursday, September 13. The budget worth Rp5.9 billion was previously annulled.
The acting head of Jakarta Housing Agency Meli Budiastuti explained the budget was lifted due to lack of lands required for the project as of July 2018. The budget annulment was submitted to Jakarta Government Budgetary Team (TAPD).
However, Meli said, the budget was again proposed since Bukit Duri residents asked for the land. The city’s administration then was left with two options; the land in Wisma Ciliwung or the land owned by the Finance Ministry.
“So eventually, we are preparing it [the land],” Meli said at the Jakarta Legislative Council (DPRD) building, Thursday.
Meli explained Bukit Duri residents demanded the 1.6 hectares of land in Wisma Ciliwung constructed as tiered village project, instead of the shelter, as the replacement of their village which had been displaced during the era of former Jakarta Governor Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama. However, it was hampered by the land ownership issue.
The second option, Meli mentioned, Anies Baswedan has sent letters to the Finance Ministry asking for a grant of the land as the shelter location. She said a former tax office covered laid on the 1,000 square meter land with the damage of 70 percent.
“We can possibly rehabilitate the areas and make it ready to be occupied,” Meli added.
Furthermore, Meli has not known yet when the budget for village project construction would be allocated in the Regional Budget (APBD) since the city administration was still focusing on the shelter project.
M YUSUF MANURUNG