TEMPO.CO, Lubuk Sikaping - Dozens of residents in Pasaman Regency, West Sumatra Province on Saturday were rushed to Lubuk Sikaping Regional Hospital for showing symptoms of food poisoning after eating nasi bungkus (rice and side dishes wrapped in banana leaves) during a people’s thanksgiving event held by regent and deputy regent elect Yusuf Lubis and Atos Pratama.
Rusdi (45), parent of one of the victims, said that the incident happened when his son Dani (11) attended the event. Dani exchanged the coupon that he received from the committee for a nasi bungkus.
"After he ate the rice, my son went home. At 2 pm, he vomited several times. I tried to cure him by myself but it got worse so I took him to hospital,” Rusdi said.
At the hospital, Rusid found that there had already been dozens of victims who also allegedly suffered from food poisoning.
Rusdi added that his son suffered from food poisoning after eating the nasi bungkus, which includes an egg with sambala flavor.
"My son told me that he vomited after he ate that nasi bungkus,” Rusdi added.
EKO FAJRI | ANTARA