TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The government of Papua New Guinea (PNG) have given a deadline today, Sept 15, for the release of two Indonesian citizens being held hostage by unknown people in Skouwtiau, Kerom District, PNG, since September 12 2015.
“Last night, we have received a report from the Indonesian Consulate in Vanimo, that negotiation to free two Indonesian citiezens’ deadline is until today,” Chief of Information for the Regional Military Command XVII/Cendrawasih Lt.Col Teguh Puji Rahardjo told Tempo this morning.
The PNG government has instructed its armed formes to negotiate for the release of two Indonesians until 12pm local time said Teguh.
However, Teguh expects PNG do not take repressive measures once the deadline has expired.
So far, there has not been any information on who the perpetrators are. They abducted two timber employees amid timbering trees in the forest. The two hostages identified as Sudirman (28) and Badar (20) are believed to be in the forest.
One of the shot victim, Kuba, has managed to escape and is being admitted in Bhayangkara Hospital in Jayapura, Papua.
Kuba said the perpetrator are using rifles and arrows as weapons and wore black and white clothings. Kuba described the perpetrators of having black skin and hair like melanesia people.
Previously, the Indonesian Citizen Protection Director and the Indonesian Law Agency to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs M. Iqbal said communications with the government of PNG is being intensely done, especially with the surrounding military.