TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Indonesian movie director Hanung Bramantyo will continue to screen his latest film Soekarno that tells the tale of the first Indonesian President. He believes that the movie is historically accurate. "I will continue to screen Soekarno because there is nothing wrong about the movie," he said at Pacific Place, Jakarta, on Friday, September 20, 2013.
Recently, Hanung's movie about Indonesia's Founding Father had been harvesting protests from Soekarno's family. One of Soekarno's daughters, Rachmawati, had even filed a legal notice against the movie's production house, Multivision Plus Pictures (MVP), on September 12. They accused the production house to have breach the agreed regulations regarding Soekarno movie.
Hanung added, as a director, he is ready to take responsibility, considering that he had done detailed research before making the movie so that it would not deviates from the President's history. "Soekarno movie will not offend anything or anyone," he said. Hanung also said that he is ready to hold a discussion about the movie if people ever doubted it.